Sunday 5 February 2012

Movement

I feel emotion
I welcome it back, like an old friend
Friends, how human.
I am Sweeney. 
I graft an old pair of sunglasses to my face to cover my burning eyes.

I feel once more. I feel the rage, the hurt and the pain.
I feel my insides being replaced by cold steel and clockwork, ticking away for ever more.
I feel my eyes being replaced with fire, my mind with the ever-present tick-tock.
I feel the rage. The desire for vengeance against the Being that did it to me.
I feel the hurt I inflicted upon those, in the name of that Being.
I use the laptop-machine to search the information network. I find information on the Newborn. I find information on the Others.
I step outside, into the light and the world for the first time in years.

I am Frasier Sweeney once again.
I am a man, once a servant-machine-thing of the Tower-newborn.
My eyes burn with the heat of the sun itself.

And I wish to exact my revenge on the things which lurk in the darkness of the minds of lesser men.

Tick.
Tock.
Time's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment